Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Rebecca's BatMitzvah Celebrations!

Well.. all I can say is thank god its all over! For the sake of my sister's sanity at least ;-)

Little Rebecca has become a woman. Well almost ;-)

Celebrations started on Wednesday night where we all went to the Shul for the rehearsal and to take pictures. Because it was Shabbas (Shabbat) on Saturday morning during the service, we were not allowed to take photos then, so all the formal photos of the ceremony were taken on Wednesday night. I will upload some to Flickr once I have finished editing them.

On Friday I left work early to meet Becka and Vika at the hairdressers to get our hair done. We both had red foils done and I had an all over dark brown as well. We had different reds picked out but mine was much brighter, although it came out much brighter than I expected ;-) After the hair was done I was planning on meeting Becka for Friday night service but my car battery died in the carpark of the shopping centre and so I sat and waited for the NRMA to come and help me ;-)

On Saturday morning we got to the Shul early thank goodness. It was a beautiful service, but it was 2 hours long, and really, a 2 hour service is not the place for a 3.5 year old. Josie and Jayden did their very best to behave, but really, it was a 2 hour service! After about an hour I took Josie outside and found the Kindy playground where my Aunt Larissa was with Josie's cousin Matt (who is almost 2). They had a nice time playing together, and then thankfully the service was all finished and we came back inside for the after service meal. We chatted and ate and the kids played.

After the service I went over to my mums to show her how to use her new phone while Tony took Josie to granny's place to chill out. We ended up coming home quite late.

Sunday was lovely too, we went to Trudy's for David's birthday lunch where Josie had a great time bouncing up and down on Philip's stomach ;-)

Then I went to meet Vika at the hall to help set up for the Disco.

Disco went very well, all the kids had a great time eating and dancing and Josie was, as usual, centre stage dancing with everyone. The girl is a born performer ;-)

We left around 8pm cause Josie was just knackered, but we were there long enough to hear some fabulous speeches from Becka's friends and from Becka.

We decided to leave Josie with Granny Sunday night because she wasn't going to school Monday anyways.. she fell asleep in the car on the way but woke up when we put her in the bed at Granny's. The next day Tony called to see how she was going, Josie took the phone and they had the following conversation:


Josie: Hey
Daddy: Hey Bubby
Josie: You left me!
Daddy: Yes
Josie: Why?!
Daddy: because you were gonna be there today anyway. Why d'you wanna come home and then have to drive back again?

Tony: to which she replied with something generally unintelligable but containing mummy and daddy and I think she meant because she likes to come in bed with us in the morning before she goes where ever she is going.

It was a fantastic weekend, but again, thank god its over. Well for the next 10 years or so anyway.. I'll start organising Josie's Bat Mitzvah in a few weeks ;-) or maybe months..

1 comment:

BrayClan said...

awww she looks gorgeous Mari!! And SO DO YOU!!!!!
Your hair looks fantastic and I can really notice your weight loss!! WELL DONE!!!!