Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Less Than 3 Months To Go !

Well, 2 months, 4 weeks and 1 day to be precise!

I am so excited! Our US holiday is almost upon us!

We are flying out at 830pm on a Tuesday in September, 9.5 hours from Sydney to Honolulu (overnight thank god!) and arriving at about 930am on the same day! We are staying at the Outrigger Waikiki Shore in a 2 Bedroom Ocean Front room and have a Chevrolet HHR booked.

Josie is gonna have a fabulous time, but its gonna be so hard getting in at 930am, after being on the plane for so long, and then we can't check in till 3pm !!

Thank god we have Josie's Granny along with us for distraction and entertainment ;-)

So we are spending a week in Hawaii, checking out the sights, relaxing in the pool.. Heavan! Then the week after we take a 5 hour 11am flight from Honolulu to Los Angeles (Granny is flying home), to be met by Harri at LAX who will whisk us home to relax for the evening.

I can't wait to see Harri, even though she was just here, I am SO looking forward to seeing her new home, her new bathroom, her new husband! LOL. Well new husband, old boyfriend, well not old per se.. well you know what I mean! LOL. Hi Sven !! ;-)

I am also looking forward to seeing our old (again, not old per se, but you know what I mean!!) Uni roommate Allison who we haven't seen in ages!! Allison and Tony and I (as well as Jessica and.. uhm.. gosh what was his name.. he was german.. or something.. don't think it was Sven, but it was a very nordic kind of name.. in any case, we dont keep in touch with those two), anyways, we all lived on campus at the University of Wollongong and Allison and Tony and I just clicked and became fast friends. This was in the mid 90's and we have kept in touch since then, so almost 10 years now! We are so looking forward to seeing her, and introducing her to a very much older Josie!

Another person we are looking forward to seeing is Natalie, a friend of Allison's, who came out to Australia a while ago and who we spent some time with.

So anyways, we fly in, and then the next day is my birthday (29 forever, remember??) and we are hitting Disneyland! This should be so much fun and I am looking forward to seeing Josie's reaction!

The next day is free so far I think and I am hoping to score tickets to a taping of The Ellen Show!

The day after that is Universal Studios I think ?? And then Legoland?? Not sure about the rest of the week, but I am sure Harri has it all organised!

I am going to take a tonne of photos and mpgs! I am glad Tony is taking his laptop cause I am going to need a few 2Gig SD cards otherwise!

We fly out mid September at 1pm on a 14 hour flight (eek!!) and arrive in Sydney at about 830pm!

Its going to be the most fantastic few weeks ever! I am goign to have to restrain myself on the souvineers!! Magnets for me, mum and Vika.. stuff for the kids.. stuff for a few adults.. ack!!

Have I mentioned how excited I am ?!?!

No comments: