Search This Blog

Friday, June 09, 2006

Getting Better And Better !

So starting from this morning, we are driving in and see a big blue truck. Josie loves trucks!

Josie: Mummy! A big blue pwuck !
Mari: Yes honey, I see! Its very big isn’t it!
Josie: Yeh, you need to go there [pointing at the left lane]. You need to follow the pwuck!
Mari: No honey, I can’t, I need to stay in this lane. But I will pull up next to the truck?
I drive beside the truck, until we slow down and hit traffic. The truck’s lane starts moving forward, as does the truck.
Josie: Noooo! Mummy! Why are you going backwards!?!

She thought because the truck was moving forwards and we were stationary, that we were going backwards! How funny is that!

So then we get to school. I was relieved to find that Josie finally has her own locker (Which is actually just a couple of alcoves in a small bookcase type thing. The top alcove is small and square, and the bottom one is tall so as to fit her bag/umbrella etc). So far she has been using a box, cause they didn’t have a locker for her, but now she has her very own locker at school!

We put her bag in the bottom alcove and went and sat down with some toys. After a minute or so she noticed that the ladies in the kitchen were cutting up fruit and Challach (bread) so she went up to them and they gave her some of the challach which she loved. She had another piece and then Silke (her favourite teacher) came over and I went to leave. She hugged me, was a bit sad, but then went off with Silke.

As I was leaving, I stopped to sign her in and then read the ‘day book’ which is a book they keep of printed out photos and diary entries of what the kids did each day. As I was reading Josie came out and saw me there. She asked me what I was doing and I said I was reading. There were 3 little girls out in that area and one of them came over and said pointedly “I’m 5!” and I reacted suitable impressed. Then one of the other girls came over to Miss Five and said “I can pick you up!” and proceeded to try. Miss Five says “No you can’t! I’m Five!”, so the little girl goes over to Josie, wraps her arms around her waist and picks her up saying “Well I can pick you up!”. Josie was nonplussed and took it all in her stride as the little girl turned away, proclaiming to the others “See! I picked up Josie!”. It was so cute!

So then I told Josie that I was going and that she should go in and play. She gave me a quick grin and ran off inside.

It was the best drop off yet!

No comments: