Search This Blog

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Its Sunny! Its Raining! Its Sunny! Its CONFUSED!

No I am not going to do this twice a day!

I know I only updated the blog this morning but Tony hadn't checked his mail so I've come down with him.



So today we spent most of the afternoon in the pool. Josie has gotten back into the whole swimming thing with great aplomb.



At first she was a bit nervous but she settled down almost immediately. We swam and splashed for a couple of hours while it rained, then stopped, then rained, then the sun came out, then rained, then sun.. etc.. the rain was lovely and cool though.





Once it started getting a bit cold we headed off..



After the pool, we headed down to Waikiki and walked around the International Marketplace where there were endless stalls of trinkets, nick nacks and hawaiian print dresses, tops and sarongs. I got Josie a kids sarong so she can look like mummy, hehehe. There was also a shop with its walls covered in magnets. Fridge magnets. I saw, my jaw dropped, but we were on our way home and Josie was really tired by that stage so I couldnt stay and ogle, but we will return!



On the way to the marketplace we passed this huge building with a floor to ceiling window, and it looked like the whole place was filled with water because there were fish, stingrays and sharks swimming around in front of the window! It was the most bizarre thing I have ever seen. It took me a little while to work out why the sight of sharks swimming behind a storefront window was a bit wierd. There was also a diver in there playing with the Stringrays. Has he not heard about Steve Irwin !?



I've taken some photos of it, and photos of Josie in the pool etc. I am actually not taking as many photos as I thought I would be, or should be.. I need to step up my game!



Well thats about it. Fingers crossed Josie sleeps through the night tonight and we dont have a repeat of last night! Ugh!

Aloha!

No comments: