Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Day 7 - Awww I get TWO Birthdays!

Aww thanks Mat.. isn't he sweet ;-) Its just lovely having such a great relationship with my brother in law. He's such a pain in the butt, but its the kind of pain in the butt that you have with a sibling and since I never had a brother, its nice to finally have one ;-)

Right so today was about 2 weeks long..

We got up at 7am as planned. I was happy about this. Of course the final packing was very stressful and we got out of the hotel at 9am.
Tony drove us to the airport, dropped off Gloria, and then me and the suitcases and went and returned the car.

The flight was ghastly. It was a small plane, quite turbulent, Josie was a handful and I kept getting pins and needles in my legs! Ugh!

And to top it off, we were seated in front of a kid who kept FARTING!! I swear to god, that kid had a dead rat up his bum!!!! ARGH!
I was so incredibly tired though, and I kept drifting off, but then kept waking with a start because my legs hurt! I am going to HATE 14 hours flying back!! I may just have to stay here!!

All that aside it was absolutely fantastic seeing Harri as we came off the plane!! She already had a trolley for us and a bottle of water, and golly, I just love her to death. She is just the best, and aside from my husband, no one knows me better than Harri. Thats why she is my best friend and thats why living on different continents makes absolutely no difference to that fact.
Not to mention that Josie was so excited to see Aunti Hawwi that the instant she saw her, she handed me her dummy and wowo without a second thought!

So, we got to her car, a gorgeous Jeep with her STRALYA plates which I have got to take a photo of! In fact for those who are keeping up with this blog, I will be updating each entry with photos once I get back home. So check back at the end of next week for photos!

Aanyways.. so we get to Harri's place, and the first thing I did, cause I was busting, was check out the 'slow closing toilet lid', and it was a sight to behold! Im sure there is a market in Sydney for them!
So after getting our stuff into the house, Harri showed us around. The place is just beautiful and the renovations they have done to the bathroom, the built ins, the painting etc, is just awsome!

Josie was so excited about everything it was hard to get her to sit still.
We all sat down and had an absolutely delicious seafood paella that Sven made and then I went upstairs to have a shower and Tony went up to put Josie to bed.

The shower was divine. They have this Sunflower ?? showerhead that feels like rainfall on your head. Its just gorgeous. I finally felt human again.

It is now about 1230am and Tony is still in with Josie. She had about 30mins sleep on the plane, and is still on Hawaii time. So hopefully she will be out soon! And then Tony and I can get to sleep!

Thank you to everyone for their birthday wishes! Its lovely to be 29 again ;-)

~Yo Yo Dude!~

No comments: