Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A Big Catchup and Big School !

Good lord it has been a long time since I last blogged!

Lets start from Monday and work backwards..

Monday Josie started at The Pre School. It is just fabulous and we are so beyond thrilled that she will be going to The School for the next 14 years!


So I dropped Josie off at the school on Monday morning and she immediately went off to play. One of the teachers showed me around and then I spoke to the director and registrar for a while. I showed Josie where the toilets were (gorgeous little kids toilets and sinks) and she went and went off to play outside. After a minute or so she comes running back in.. “Mummy! Where is my hat?!”. LOL. I had told her before that she couldn’t go outside to play without a hat. What a good girl ;-)

So I left her there and went to work. Of course I was completely distracted the whole time wondering how she was going. Luckily I had updates from Becka cause she went and visited Josie at recess and lunchtime and was very happy to see Becka and played with her for a while.

I left work at about 245pm to go and pick her up and when I got there at 315pm, she was ASLEEP on the cot!! I couldn’t believe it! Unfortunately I had to wake her up because the centre closes at 330pm, but she was happy to see me and off we went to Baba’s.

She had a great time at school and is very proud of the fact that she is at ‘Becka’s Big School’ now.

Meanwhile we are meeting with our real estate agent tomorrow night to finalise things and get the unit on the market by the end of the month. And we are looking at sales and rentals in The East..


So going back to the weekend, we met up with our friends Roman and Helen and their daughter Stacey who is a year younger than Josie, at Fox Studios to go to Lollipops. The girls had a fantastic time at Lollipops and when they left we continued out to the back where they had set up lots of big jumping castles and mechanical rides and a petting zoo and Ponies!


Well! Josie had a fabulous time! She went on a bunch of Jumping Castles and then decided she wanted to go on the Mechanical rides! Now one of them was a spinning seat thing that went around quite quickly. I was very surprised that she wanted to go on and I told her that I wouldn’t be able to go with her and that if she got scared she would have to wait until they stopped the ride. She was adamant that she wanted to go on it. So she did. And she just loved it ! I was floored! So she went on the other one as well and that was a spinning one where the seat itself spins as well, and she loved that too.


So then we went in the petting zoo and she petted all the animals, admittedly Tony and I had the most fun feeding them and holding the bunnies. Awwww ;-)


And after that, after taking one look at the Ponies and wanting nothing to do with them, Josie decided she did want to go on a Pony, so she had a pony ride as well! And she loved that too!


So that was a huge day for Josie. She was absolutely knackered when we got into the car and fell asleep almost immediately.


Now going back even further..

The first couple of weeks of April we had my best friend visiting from the USA. Harri moved away to California about 6 years ago but comes and visits a couple of times a year. We miss her greatly when she is gone but are very happy for her new life in the USA.

So we had a fabulous time with Auntie Harri, with Josie getting to know her all over again. Josie is still asking about when she is going to see ‘Hawwi’ again ;-)

That’s pretty much it for now.. it has been insanely busy at work which is the main reason why its been so long since I last blogged. I usually do it at work.

So now we enter another phase in our life.. selling again, renting and then buying. Fun fun fun! It will be so good to be living near family though.. we have been living in the North for almost 10 years now.. it will be devastating to move, but its also nice to be going somewhere new..

So hopefully it wont be as long to my next blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations! Josie is a big girl now!