Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Another One From Uncle Mat

During the Mother's Day lunch at Kam Fook, I left the table to take Josie to see the seafood tanks (later I thought this a bad move as it left mum free to embarrass me in my absence but I am told she restrained herself) as she was getting a little restless and had taken to sitting underneath the table and tickling peoples' legs. *grin* Some things Josie said on Mother's Day before I forget them:

Mat: Look Josie! Fishies!
Josie: Yeah! BIG fishies!
Mat: And lobsters!
Josie: Yeah! I like lobsters! Don't like crabs (eyeing the tank above the lobsters filled with crabs).
Mat: And here are more fish ..
Josie: SNAKES!
Mat: Sort of .. these are eels. They're like snakes but they live underwater.
Josie: Snakes.
Mat: Eels.
Josie: Snakes!
Random child also looking at the tank (quietly): Eels.
Mat: Fine have it your own way.
Mat (lifting her up over the one tank that was open at the top): Want me to put you in with the fishies?
Josie: Nooooo!
Mat: Why not?
Josie: The fish will bite me!
Mat: Oh .. ok then.

Then she wanted to wander into the upstairs area but people were coming down the stairs constantly and I didn't want her to get stepped on. I suggested we go see what mummy and daddy were up to. She thinks about this for a moment and then nods her head and waves her hand imperiously with a "Take me to mummy and daddy" .. you can almost hear her saying "lackey" at the end...

No comments: