Search This Blog

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Back On The Right Track..

Well we had a better morning today..

Josie was a bit upset at the thought of me leaving when I got to school with her but I sat down and played with her for about 10 minutes before I left. She enjoyed that, and while she still cried a bit when I was leaving, she had stopped by the time I reached the front door.

I think she has realised that its a new place and she feels lonely.

I asked her if there was something she didn't like at school and she said her tummy hurt. Now she was pretending that her tummy hurt on Monday and I think what she means is she was feeling scared and nervous at the prospect of us leaving her there. I asked her about this and she confirmed that yes she was scared that we would leave her there and not pick her up. I told her that we would always, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, pick her up. That Granny would pick her up from school and either daddy or I would pick her up from Granny's. She seemed to understand this and felt better. I told her that her tummy probably hurt because of her feeling scared and she agreed.

Hopefully by talking about it it would make her more comfortable there.

I think it will just take some time.

Unfortunately it has coincided with a time in our lives when something else big is happening, selling our unit. This means we have to spend the next few weekends frantically painting and decluttering. Josie needs to be out of the place at that time because when she is home, especially now, she wants us to play with her. So I think the seperation anxiety is going to get worse over the next few weeks. We are going to aim to spend at least one day of the weekend with her.

I am getting more and more stressed about the sale and the move.

There is so much to do to prepare for the first Open Day. I am so worried we wont get ready in time.

Wish us luck !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This absolutely pulls at my heart strings :) It's amazing what runs through Josie's mind :) Being scared that no-one will pick her up made me tear up *sniffle*

Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»