Search This Blog

Friday, March 03, 2006

Why me!?

Ok so here's the latest shenanigans.. and this time, nothing to do with Josie..

So as you know it was our anniversary on Wednesday and we went to a lovely french restaraunt called Chez Rene, and left Josie with my mum and dad for the night.

This morning I get an MSN msg from my sister, oops!, she suddently remembered it was our anniversary and wanted to wish us a happy one and apologise for forgetting (even tho a month ago she wished us a happy anniversary, but for the wrong month LOL!!). So I told her not to be silly and that it was not a big deal at all. In fact mum never wished us a happy anniversary and has probably forgotten as well, which is not surprising cause my mother has the worlds worst memory.

So Vika suggested that we should remind mum, so she gave her a call. I told her to make note of the reaction cause I knew it would be good ;-)

So she msgs me again after her phone call, You'd better call her! She is horrified! I think she's having a heart attack! I laugh. Too soon.

She rings me exactly 3.294 seconds later, in hysterics. Why didn't I remind her?! I know her memory is bad! Its all my fault!

Hey! Why am *I* getting into trouble for not reminding HER to wish ME a happy anniversary?!?!

Ugh! I told her not to be silly and sent her on her way. Then I msg'd dad to ring her and tell her to stop being silly. Dad tells me she is "angree" (his english is really bad!). Why me!?

So now I ask you, are wedding anniversaries such a big deal!? They really aren't to us.. we have been together for 13 years now, and married for 8yrs.. and really, we don't really expect people to remember our wedding anniversary anymore.. it was ages ago..

Birthdays are different. I would totally be upset if mum forgot my birthday.. but sheesh.. a wedding anniversary!?

Anyways.. back to work..

No comments: