Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Another one of *those* conversations..

..with my father.. he wants to get broadband at home..

Mari says: broadband companies will put you on a contract
Mari says: you can pay less and have more contract time, or pay more and have less contract time
george says: how long contract
Mari says: 18 months or 24 months
Mari says: this is with iinet..
Mari says: different companies, different contracts
george says: what you have
Mari says: i just need to know if you prefer a shorter contract or longer contract ?
Mari says: uhm
Mari says: i cant remember
Mari says: i think 18 months
george says: how much it will cost
Mari says: well it depends on the company..
george says: so
Mari says: its the connection fee thats usually dropped if u go on contract
george says: give me price
Mari says: connection is usually between one and two hunmdred
george says: and then per month
Mari says: well yes of course
Mari says: im looking at $40 plans
george says: 40 dollars per month
Mari says: but if u go on a 18 month contract with iinet, they drop the connection fee
Mari says: yes 40 dollars per month
george says: ok i will talk to mum (how much she pay now??)
Mari says: i just spoke to mum and she said to ask you
Mari says: she pays $22.68 per month for dial up internet
Mari says: all i am asking is if you prefer a longer or shorter contract!?
george says: so she pay less??
Mari says: dad
Mari says: we are talking about broadband
Mari says: of course she pays less for dialup!
Mari says: we have discussed this already!!
Mari says: we agreed on a $40 plan!
Mari says: remember? your friend has a $40 plan.. you said you were happy with that?
george says: for 18 month??
Mari says: well hopefully for longer!
george says: ok what is max month
Mari says: $40 !!!
george says: with discount
george says: so it will be fof 18 or 24 month
Mari says: this is what I AM ASKING YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Mari says: do u want 18 or 24?!
george says: give me more conditions for broadband
Mari says: what do you mean ??
george says: I want for 24 month if it cost less
Mari says: right, thank you!
Mari says: thats all I wanted to know!
george says: more conditions-- do I have free calls?? do I have free ...
Mari says: i dont know.. i am still looking around at different companies.
Mari says: i just needed to know about the contract!
george says: tell me if it is chipper if 24 month??
Mari says: oh my god!!!!!!!!!
Mari says: I will tell you when I know!!!!!!!
george says: or my god
george says: ok
Mari says: you drive me insane!!!!!!!!
george says: what is insane??
Mari says: ME!
george says: i want just full info
Mari says: when I have full info, I will tell you full info!
george says: what is insane?? -don understand
Mari says: sumashetshaya !
george says: now i now
Mari says: oh good
george says: thanks
Mari says: excuse me while I go bang my head on the wall..
george says: how is speed of this broadband--find
Mari says: fast
george says: how fast--like aeroplain
Mari says: faster than sound
george says: ok
Mari says: ok now go away
george says: no
Mari says: why not?
george says: you bdid not unswer if it is chipper for 24 month
george says: then for 18
Mari says: not necessarily cheaper.. but there may be other benefits.. like free connection or a free modem etc..
Mari says: and it *depends on the company* !!!!!
george says: ok thats good let me now
Mari says: and I am NOT going to list every single company and their plans for you
george says: before you connect send me all info
Mari says: yes yes.. I cant connect you without your input dad!!
george says: thanks , now yoy free
Mari says: thank god
Mari says: now go away
george says: and me
Mari says: yes thank you too
Mari says: go
Mari says: shoo
george says: ok

*sigh*

And so I am left with one tiny strand of sanity..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mari... oh.. yr father cracks me up!!! I loved reading yr transaction with him and I would recommend if you could insert something about him in the description of the The Hill Family Blog up the top. Anyone who stumbles on this needs to know a few specs on him :)

Anonymous said...

If reading a conversation between you and your dad doesnt bring a smile to someones face then they need their head read! Mari I LURRRRRRV reading these convos.

Tanya ;o)