Search This Blog

Friday, April 13, 2007

Sickness Sickness Everywhere

UGH!!!

Just when we got Josie all well, Tony gets sick! Seems like the same thing as Josie had. He started shooting out both ends (TMI?!) round 3am this morning. Needless to say I am a little tired, and he's.. well.. asleep.. he went to the Dr and had a shot of Maxalon this morning.

So Josie was at Baba's last night and she doesn't like to be away from home two nights in a row so I knew we were gonna have trouble convincing her to stay another night. Tony is most likely contagious at the moment so we don't want her getting sick again.

I spoke to her on the phone from work and asked her if she would like to stay at baba's again and she of course said no, so I didn't want to get into it at work so I told her I would come pick her up after work. I was going to have a chat with her once I got there and see if I could convince her to sleep there if I stayed to put her to bed.

After work I got in the car and decided to give it another go. I had a nice long chat with her and explained how daddy was sick, like she was, and throwing up all the time and that daddy and I were scared that she would catch it again and get sick and start throwing up again. She still didn't want to until I mentioned how she wouldnt be able to come in bed with us if she wakes up in the middle of the night. She tried to tell me "but if I wake up I will want to go to the lounge room!", which I replied that if it was still dark, she wouldnt be going into the lounge room, she would have to go back to sleep in her own room. She didn't like this, and after a long explanation form me, she said "Allllright!" and immediately handed the phone back to Baba.

I was so incredibly proud of her. Her ability to reason and respond logically, she's growing up! I went and got her a little present for being so cooperative.

So now I am home, Tony is in bed asleep and I am watching TV and blogging. Tomorrow we have an appt with the Dr, for Tony and also for Josie to get her 4year old shots finally. We have been putting it off for too long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo proud of Josie!!! And I can even hear her saying the drawn out 'alllright' :) Hope Spud is feeling much better and fingers X'd for a speedy recovery *hugs*