Search This Blog

Monday, August 07, 2006

Weekend Happenings

We had a lovely weekend.

Josie went to a party on Saturday for Katie's birthday. Katie lives next door to Granny. I wasn't there but Josie told me she had a lovely time and gave Katie a present and sang Happy Birthday to her. And then proceeded to sing Happy Birthday every couple of hours for the rest of the weekend ;-)

After the party we all went for dinner at Vika's place and Josie and Becka played and watched movies.

On Sunday morning I woke up at 7am to Josie singing "Yay! I like playing with Rachel... I love Rachel.. " in a sing song kind of way. I burst out laughing.

Since I was having a sleep in, Tony went to get her and when he entered her room, he found her standing by the balcony door, looking outside and telling the birds that she doesn't like them, but she does like planes. I think this is the first time that she has not either called us to get her out of bed, or just come straight into our room.

Later, I asked her about what she was doing that morning. What we found out was that she was woken by noises which she thought were monsters. She didn't like the monsters, and they scared her, but she went to investigate (!!), and found that they were in fact birds. She was not pleased at being misled like this and was telling the birds off. Then a plane went past and she liked the plane. Very cute.

We spent the whole of that day with Vika and Becka out shopping. Hooley dooley. To say she was naughty would be an understatement. Lets just say she was not on her best behaviour.

We have had two invitations to birthday parties for kids at the school. We are very excited! Our first party invites! Vika tells me the fun is only just beginning. We can expect them to start flooding in now. LOL.

This of course means that I have to start buying presents for many many 4 year olds! Waaaa!

And of course its only 4 weeks left till we are off to the USA!! WOOHOOO!!!

No comments: