Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Uncle Mat's First Babysitting Assignment

Here's another old email.. from November 2004.. Uncle Mat was assigned to watch Josie (almost 2 years old) for a few hours at his house..

Well let's see. I had the XBOX all set up with Spirited Away and thought we'd sit and watch, and I'd feed her. HA! Little did I realize this was the daughter of my brother I was dealing with. Not interested in Spirited Away. Shrek 2 managed to hold her a little longer but then the cat came to visit and all bets were off. She ate one mouthful of the cereal stuff Mum brought over and then she was off. Chasing the cat round the backyard, with me barefoot and in shorts. Bloody cold it was. SHE was all dressed up warmly. I on the other hand ...

Then she wanted to stand in the front yard, propped up by the fence, and watch the cars and the buses go by. Then it was time for more cat chasing, only the cat had meanwhile made itself scarce so it was back to watching Shrek 2 for a bit. Finally Mum got back and managed to convince her to eat a bit more.

At one point she discovered the dustpan and brush. Thought she might make herself useful and clean my house. Very surprised that after wandering around the house with them, she then proceeded to put them back where she found them.

She has very long and complicated conversations with cats. Presumably because they don't argue.

See its not all kisses and cuddles.. ;-)

No comments: