Search This Blog

Monday, July 02, 2007

A New Babysitter

For years now our niece Becka has been bugging us to let her babysit Josie. We have always been reluctant because we were not confident in Josie listening and following the orders of anyone else. We were worried that Becka wouldn't be able handle an out of control and willful Josephine.

Over the last couple of months we have noticed a new maturity in both Josie and in Becka. One shows more promise in listening and following orders, and the other shows more maturity in thought and deed. So we decided to give it a go.

So last night, Tony and I went to see Fantastic Four (which was fabulous!) and left Becka in charge of Josie at home.

All worked out very well. Becka made sure that Josie had dinner (finished all her veges too!) and had her in bed and asleep by 8pm. She did a great job and Tony and I were very impressed. Well done Becka!

Its nice to think we now have another option at babysitting, and this one Josie will enjoy the best.

So the night before last Becka came over in the evening (to wash my dishes cause I am a lazy woman who let her dishes pile up to a state where I couldn't bare to look at them and had to go to rent-a-niece to get them done) and Tony took her home after that. The next morning Josie wakes up, comes straight to me, wakes me up and says:

Josie: Mummy! Why is Becka not asleep on the couch!?

I had to explain to her that that was happening the following morning.

So the next morning Josie joined Becka on the couch.. see below..

No comments: