Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Best News EVER!

On the morning of Josie's birthday I got a call from my best friend Harri who wanted to wish Josie a happy birthday. She asked to speak to her to I gave Josie the phone. After a short conversation, Josie looks up at me and says "Auntie Hawwi is going to have a baby!".

I almost fell over.

This is what Harri remembers of the conversation:

Harika: Hey Josie, I have something to tell you.

Josie: What?

Harika: Auntie Harri is having a baby.

Josie: Ohhhh (in an inquisitive tone)

Harika: Josie, reckon you can tell your Mum that?

Josie: Yeah

Harika: Can you tell her now?

Josie: (shouting) Muuuuuuum, Auntie Hawwi is having a baby.

We are just so delighted for Harri and Sven! I have waited so long for this news.

Its just a bit bittersweet because they are in the USA and we are here and it means we won't see her this year.. but we will have to save our frequent flyers and make the trip there in 08 I think.. ;-)

Congrats Harri and Sven, this is just the most fantastic news!

1 comment:

Mat said...

Grats guys! That's fantastic news.

Seems like it's the season for it .. my friend at work Mahmut, and his wife Ozge, are just waiting on blood test results but indications are that they'll be producing offspring in about eight months. My project manager's pregnant. And my in-laws are giving me some pretty heavy hints to make with the grandchildren.

Now remember Hari, when it turns out you have a son and you naturally want to name him after me, there's one 't' in Mathew ..

*grin*