Search This Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2007

In which Josie "handles" Daddy

The other night I was putting Josie to bed and when I asked her if she wanted Potter or Belgarion (the two "big" books I am currently reading to her - she alternates as neither has managed to capture her attention like The Hobbit did) we had this little exchange:

Daddy: Which story do you want Potter or Belgarion?
Josie: Show me! *she looks over the edge of her bed eagerly*
Daddy: *pulling out the container with her current rotation of books on top of it and lifting out the aforementioned books*
Josie: Get the Green Book. (The "Green Book" is the leatherbound edition of The Hobbit I had already read to her)
Daddy: *making a face* No green book sweety. Potter or Belgarion.
Josie: Nooo I'm gonna choose!
Daddy: *thinking he's smart, asks slyly* Which one are you going to choose?
Josie: *being actually smart* Let's find out! GO get the Green Book!"

Having been undeniably "pwn3d" by my 4 year old I hung my head (actually I laughed so hard a little pee came out) and went and got the Green Book as ordered.

No comments: