Search This Blog

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Our First Joke

Firstly, Happy Birthday Uncle Mat !!! (You old fart ;-)

Some background: When Tony and I moved out and rented together for the first time we moved into the north shore where there are heaps of jacaranda trees, which have gorgeous purple flowers. Tony and I made up this game where everytime we drove somewhere the one who saw a Jacaranda tree called 'purple tree!'. This eventually evolved into 'purpakey!' cause there were so many and so we had to say it really fast.

So a couple of weeks ago I told Josie about the game and showed her the purpakeys on the way to school. There aren't as many purpakeys in the east though.. so...

This morning in the car:

Josie: Where are all the purpakeys?
Mari: I haven't seen any yet honey!
Josie: Maybe they all fell down?

Josie: That was my joke mummy!

She has such a great sense of humor!!

So we had some adventures this morning..

Bright and early, Josie and my dad and I went to the new house (after living my entire life in units, it feels wierd saying 'house' !) so dad could look around, see what needs doing and also do a floor plan.


So there it is.. the new place.. I have a bunch of photos too but I haven't cleared my camera since we moved in with my mum and dad!

So anyways, we got back and took Josie to swimming, where she complained before we got there, and then had a ball afterwards!

After that, Michelle and I took the girls to the shopping centre so Michelle could get a few things and then Michelle dropped us off at Uncle Mat's place so we could wish him a happy birthday, and get changed for dinner. We had dinner at the Crabshack again, so most of the night I was up to my elbows in crabs.. ahh heavan!

While we were there I realised that I had left my handbag in Michelle's boot and since we were going to get our hair cut together tomorrow she would bring it with her..

However, we got back to mum and dads place, and of course then I realised that my keys were in my bag in Michelle's boot, and mum and dad were out at a birthday party.

Mum wasn't answering her phone.. Michelle nor Sam were responding to SMS (it was almost 10pm after all).. so last resort I called my sister, knowing that she has a spare set of keys, but forgetting that my parents changed the bottom lock a few days ago cause it was faulty and of course my sister doesnt have the new key yet.. *scream* !! Luckily Josie was already well and truly asleep..

Sis came to the rescue, rang a few of mum and dads friends, and we went and picked up mums keys, luckily the restaurant they went to was close!

Ahhh Saturday night adventures..

Bring on Sunday!

1 comment:

Mat said...

When I find my cane, you're getting a thrashing you disrespectful whippersnapper.