Search This Blog

Friday, June 01, 2007

A Breakthrough!

For the first time in years and years, Josie went to bed by herself!

Since she was a baby, we have always stayed in the room with Josie as she was falling asleep. A VERY bad habit to fall into, I know, but there you go, we fell. A few periods of time through her younger years we have had succeful results from control crying, and she would go to sleep herself but then she would get sick or something, and would revert to needing one of us in there.

So tonight, she was at Rachel's house, and was being naughty. Wouldnt get dressed to go, wouldnt clean up, and I have had a very long day so I lost my temper and went off at her. Her punishment would be no story and no daddy for bed.

She was on her best behaviour for the rest of the night, expecting us to relent if she was good. We didn't, and she was qite upset going to bed, but Tony took her in, changed her and got her ready for bed, then explained that he would leave the door open and we were right outside.

He came out and we very quietly watched TV.

We didn't hear a peep out of her, and she just drifted off to sleep!

WOOHOO!!!!

Now I have no illusions.. this was a punishment, so I have to be very careful how I encourage this, but hopefully this is just the beginning!

Yay Josie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I'm just catching up on all the blogs and I'm very glad to read that Josie took her discipline in stride. She's going to make a great big sis someday :)