Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Month 37 Josie Update

Hi all!

Welcome to my new (and FINAL) location for my blog. I am staying here. No more moving. Promise. Thus is the evolution of the Josie Updates complete. I hope! ;-)

On the right here you will find some links.. to Josie's photos.. to our calendar.. and various other bits and pieces.

We have had some great steps forward this month.

The biggest and best is my baby is in a toddler bed now! We (Tony) converted the cot a couple of weeks ago and she has been happily sleeping in it since! Well with the occasional trip to mummy and daddy's bed when there's a nightmare or something, but thats ok, we can live with that ;-)

I took some photos of her on her first night in the bed.

Her communication skills are leaping forward as we speak.. its so good to be able to speak to her in sentences and hear her respond in sentences. She still has trouble with her l's and we think its because of the dummy. And thats our next big hurdle.. the damn dummy.. she has gotten more and more attached to it over the last 6 months or so.. I have been trying to wean her off it, with dummy free time for short bursts in the car.. but she is just adamant she doesnt want to let it go.. and to be honest, while I would love for her to drop it, I dont actually mind her having it. I would prefer for the choice to dump the dummy to be made by her, and that way its not as traumatic. I have heard all the advice to just get rid of it cold turkey.. but I just cant imagine putting her through that. My goal was to be dummyless by the time she turned 3. Thats been and gone.. so I will see what happens in the next 6 months.

So we started this month with birthday parties. We had just got back from Daydream Island, see the previous blog, and the next day was Josie's birthday. We went that day for yum cha which was lovely.

Then a few days later we had a party at Baba and Deda's with some of the russian side of the family. We got some great photos of all the kids. The link to all the photos is on the right. Josie had a great time.

Then a few days later we had another party at Grandma Trudy's place for Josie's and Philip's birthdays together and the kids had a great time here as well.

And THEN a few days after that we had our yearly lunch at the Swiss Eiger in Petersham. As always, the food was magnificent and the atmosphere fantastic.

So yes we had quite a few get togethers for Josie's birthday!

Also this month we had a lovely lunch with some old friends, Michelle and Justin, who we had a ball catching up with. They brought their kids, Kristopher and Lily, and the kids just had a ball playing!

Josie also got a great electric toothbrush for her birthday from her cousin Becka. Its really done wonders for her enthusiasm for brushing her teeth! Previously it was always a bit of a struggle to get her to brush properly. Now of course she loves using the electric toothbrush!

And the last party for this month was a big 90th birthday party for my dad's brother's wife's father. Phew, thats a mouthful! LOL

Josie had a great time dancing around to the fiddler who was playing some great music.

So thats about it for this month..

I'm really excited about moving my blog here.. its so much easier to do here!

Till next month!

No comments: