Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Month 36 Josie Update

Hi all,


My baby is now THREE! I can't believe it!

We have had a very big month!

Heaps of photos can be found in the Month 36 folder at http://www.flickr.com/photos/josiephotos

The biggest thing this month is Josie's swimming! After using the pool and spa where we live all through summer, and then our holiday to Daydream Island (which I will go into later), Josie is now swimming breast stroke under the water from one person to the other, and even changing directions midway and going to someone else! She is using the goggles, or opening her eyes under water, she is using the kickboard, and balancing on the ball, and the noodle and she is jumping in and swimming to the bottom (with a bit of a push) and picking up objects and swimming back up! Its amazing the leaps and bounds she has taken in the last few weeks! I am so proud of her! And of course its near impossible to get her out of the water!

Toilet training is fantastically OVER during the day! She still has a nappy on through the night, but during the day she always asks to go to the toilet, both number 1's and number 2's. We had one small accident yesterday, but I think she was just too immersed in drawing with her Great Aunt (!?) and decided to cool her lap down a bit (it WAS a hot day after all !! ;-)

So now to Daydream Island!

It was a fantastic holiday and the kids had a great time. We spent 6-7 hours every day in the water, only getting out to eat or sleep. Josie and I got a bit burnt (well I got a lot burnt!), but its nice to see some tan on her at last!

Daydream Island was just beautiful and the swimming pools were just glorious! Josie had a fantastic time swimming and playing with her cousin, and I have done more swimming in the last month than I have in the last 5 years ;-)

The plane rides were good too.. although the flight home was a bit more challenging because silly mummy forgot the case that had all the DVD's in the suitcase so we had nothing but Buffy to put on in the plane! ;-) Missy was slightly bored which is never good ;-)

All in all, the trip was a great success, and great practice for our big trip to the USA in September (I am trying very hard not to think about the plane ride!).

We need to work on our packing though.. we had about 7 bags with us.. for a week long stay.. we wont be able to do that in September!

Josie has now started Kindy 3 days a week, Mon, Wed and Fri. She was really looking forward to going back, and is loving it there now.

Swimming lessons begin again next weekend and I am really looking forward to starting that again. Unfortunately when re enrolment for that was happening she was still quite hesitant about the water so I put her into the same class as last term.. but she really needs to be put into the next class now. I am trying to see if I can move her, but I think I wont be that lucky cause all the classes are full.

Thats about it I think..

Till next month!
Mari

No comments: