Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Back on the Blogger Horse

Has it really been FOUR months since the last post?! Good lord. I need to get started again, for my children's sake :-)

Where to start?

So I am very pregnant. 31 weeks now. Sometimes uncomfortably so.. Lets get my whining out of the way...



I feel like a whale. It always really annoyed me when women said that. Normal sized women that is.. I always thought 'Quit your complaining woman. You are pregnant. That's such a blessing!'. I never felt 'like a whale' when I was pregnant with Josie. Maybe because the size difference between between the two states of being was not massively different.. My body didn't really feel the difference all that much? Now however.. 54kg down.. Bloody hell. When I walk, I really waddle now.. And slowly. I can't hurry anywhere. Next week we are having a fire drill at work. I have refused to go down 8 floors of stairs. Forget that. They would have to carry me.. I feel like every time I stand up, my uterus falls down between my knees. Pleasant. Not.

Which leads me to my next gripe. Low blood pressure. I have never ever had any issues with my BP. Not low, not high. And I guess I should be grateful that it is low and not high, but wow it's unpleasant. If I stand for more than 5 mins or so, I start getting head spins, shakes, ears ringing and short of breath. Grocery shopping is now out of the question. I can manage to do fruit/veg and deli, and that's it. Hello Coles Online. And Tony has had to fill and empty the dishwasher for me.. Hehehe.. I don't think he has touched a sink full of dishes for years :-)

Moving on. Leg cramps. At night. Excruciating. I have tried the pillow between the legs but it only helps briefly. And because I can't sleep on my front or back anymore, and I AM a whale, turning over requires careful planning and precision. I have to hold onto the bed head to pull myself across. I really need to start enlisting Tony to give me a push :-)

And we're done! I don't think I have anything else to complain about :-)

I am getting very excited about meeting the boy! Oh yes, have I mentioned it's a boy? With a penis?? What the hell am I gonna do with a penis?? Apparently they pee EVERYWHERE! Geez...



Yep that's it there. The dreaded penis.. Might leave it to his father.

And here is the boy himself.. Mr Jordan Emrys Hill.



So the story behind the names.. Jordan was picked out in the 90's. Tony and I were married in everything but name from the get go. We started talking baby names back at uni. Anyone who knows Tony will know that Jordan came from his beloved Michael Jordan, basketballer. Tony has waited a long time to be able to use that name for a boy :-)

And Emrys. I needed a name starting with E for my paternal grandmother, Eva. E is a very difficult letter for a boy. Girls we had a few, but not boys. And Emrys was surprisingly obvious for us. This was my idea and my choice, and Tony, while a bit embarrassed at the geeky origin, loves it too.

So Emrys is Old Welsh for Ambrose and it means 'immortal'. And the geeky part of it? Well Tony and I are big fans of the old Arthurian Legends. King Arthur's advisor and friend was Merlin the Magician. Merlin's Old Welsh name was Myrddin Emrys. Some of you may recognize Myrddin as the online name that Tony has used for a long time.

We are geeks. But you knew that :-)

So, moving on again.. The nursery is almost done, the furniture just needs moving around, and that is happening over the next few weekends. I have washed and put away all the clothes that people have very kindly donated and on my side I just need to get my hospital bag ready. But that's still a ways off..

I finish up at work in 4 weeks. I am SO ready for this. By this time with Josie I was already not working, having been retrenched 3 months before my maternity leave was to kick in.. There are massive things happening at work right now, and while it's all very exciting, I really am ready to go.

Aside from all the baby news, all else is good.

Josie is growing up too quickly. A couple of months ago she started asking about periods!! She's not quite 9years old! I went through a long talk with her about what happens.. I told her that every month a girl's body releases an egg.. And her eyes went wide and she went white and I quickly assured her it wasn't like a chicken's egg.. It was much much smaller. LOL.

She just came back from her very first school camp. 2 nights, 3 days, in cabins. She loved it. They did all sorts of things like canoeing (she threw up once and fell in once), cycling, climbing and various other sporting adventures. She managed to come home with everything (although I believe there is a towel in lost property) and she got some valuable experience being away from home.



I am really excited to see how she will be with Jordan. She is so so good with her younger cousins, Kaylee and Zoe, that I have very optimistic hopes for when Jordan comes. Josie is very attentive with her cousins, takes care of them, plays with them, feeds them. She is also very keen on helping with Jordan. Can't wait.



And then there is our latest newest addition to the family - Charley.



Charley is a 2011 Series II Holden Cruze. And she is so pretty :-) She has leather seats that warm up, iPod connectivity and a sunroof. And she is red. Red Hot in fact. Every time I see her I get a buzz.

So I think that's about it.. You have now been caught up in the life of the Hills.

Fingers crossed I do better from now on! It's just so hard with Facebook. Everything that happens, happens in a Facebook status update and I just never get around to updating the blog. But I have to. I will be good.

I hope..

No comments: