Search This Blog

Thursday, May 05, 2011

Day 2-3 In Sunny Queensland

So on Tuesday morning off we went to Queensland. The drive was nice and short, comparatively, it rained a bit, and when we were about 30min out of the Gold Coast it really started to pour and the clouds rolled in and we had some spectacular lightning. We got in around 330pm, got into our room at Q1 and then went shopping.

Our room this time was not as good as we were used to. We have truly been spoilt by our Q1 experiences. This year the three bedroom was actually a two bedroom where the enclosed balcony was made into a third bedroom with a queen bed and curtains. But aside from that, and no dishwasher, it's all good. Lovely views of the river, And a bathtub to sink into :-) I am a happy camper.

So we went out shopping and bought up groceries for the week. And then Tony dropped me off at a nearby medical centre to get my eye checked out, while he took everything back to the room and put it away and fed the kid.

My eye was really bothering me by that stage. I didn't even need to sneeze or do anything to set it off. And it was so painful. So I waited to see the doctor for an hour or so, managed to check my work mail.. Finally went in and was told I had hit a nerve when when I hit the eye, a neuropathic nerve or something. The nerve that runs up and out from the top of the nasal bridge, and I had irritated the poor thing, and it was letting me know it was irritated. Poor diddums.

So he gave me a prescription for cortisone for three days, assured me it was safe in pregnancy, took my $70 and wished me a happy holiday.

After confirming with the pharmacist that the cortisone is safe in pregnancy, I filled my prescription, Tony picked me up and off back home we went. It was a horrible evening. Every time my eye exploded I felt more and more exhausted, and it was happening more and more often. After struggling through a couple of Smallvilles, I finally went to bed.

In the morning I took my first lot of cortisone, and within a few hours I was already feeling better!! Throughout the day I had another couple of eye explosions, but it was heaps better, thank god, and Category A drugs :-)

So Wednesday was a great day. I started the morning with doing schoolwork with Josie, and then we went to the Top One restaurant at Australia Fair for Yum Cha with Billy and Sam and Jess and Jakob. This was our first time meeting Jakob and omg he is so gorgeous!! Such an easy baby, I want one of those!! He was happy and sunny and went to anyone without a fuss. He sat and played on your lap or in the pram, there was no fuss at all!! I need one of THAT variety!

So Yum Cha was fab as usual, and afterwards off we went to Dreamworld.

The girls went on a bunch of rides, got their faces painted and we saw the new White Lion display, which was just amazing.. They built the enclosure so that there was a platform right above your head where the Lioness sat looking regally down at us. It was simply spectacular. An absolute highlight of the day. Then of course we went and saw the Tiger show, where Tony reacquainted himself with his pals Taj and Sia. The first time we came to see the tigers, Taj and Sia were 3month cubs and they were so so cute. So now every time we come, Tony goes and spends most of the time we have there with his pals.

By the time we left we were soooo tired, but the day was not done! off we went for dinner at the Jupiters Buffet. It was soooo yummy! We sat around chatting and catching up till well after 9pm before we finally went home with a very tired child. Billy and Sam went home with two very tired children so they trump us :-)

After getting home I jumped straight into the tub and soaked the tiredness away for a good hour or more.. With a view of the Gold Coast to entertain me. It was soooo lovely. After one episode of Smallvilles I collapsed in bed and slept till 9am!!

So now we are off to Brisbane to see Jacqui and her new digs, as she studies medicine up here. My eye seems to be all better today, which is fabulous! You don't know how awesome it is to be able to sneeze in peace!!

Mari

No comments: