Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

And We're Off!

So off went went yesterday on our big adventure. Well not so big, but exciting nonetheless.

We left for Coffs Harbour around 11am yesterday, car loaded, child loaded and the cats prepared (physically but not emotionally). It wasn't an epic a drive as Wisemans Ferry (for those who know that story, for those that don't, check the blog from March 2008), but it was fairly long. And I hate to say it, but thank god for Telstra. When Tony got the iPad 2 he signed up for a month on Telstra for the data, to see what it's like, and well it shits the pants off Three. We had data coverage almost the entire way, even in the middle of nowhere. And even when it lost signal, it picked it up again within a few minutes, literally. In comparison, I sit here in Coffs Harbour with absolutely no Three coverage at all, and only the free hotel wifi to save me.

So anyway, the drive was good, long but good. I emailed, I facebooked, I napped, I played secretary to Tony while he drove and I typed out his work email as he dictated.. It actually went quickly. Towards the end I started to feel the lower back pain. I've always been perfectly happy in the car for hours. I can live in the car, and I love napping in the car. But this time I was expecting the lower back pain because of the pregnancy and it didn't disappoint. But it was only in the last hour or so so that was good..

Oh and I have another ailment. The other night we were out at friends having dinner and you know when you are laughing really hard and you laugh with your whole head? Well I was laughing, I was laughing so hard that I swung my head down, full force, onto the corner of the Tasmanian Oak hard(hard)wood chair next to me. It connected with the corner of my right eye socket. It hurt. It hurt for a while, but then it was ok.. That was Saturday night. Sunday it felt a bit bruised but only to the touch. Monday morning I sneezed and OMG. It felt like my eye ball was going to explode. It didn't help that I am feeling a cold coming on. So now every time I sneeze, yawn or in any way put pressure on my eye, I get about 4-5seconds of intense sharp pain from the corner of my eyeball that radiates outward and then releases. It's fun. Not.

So we got to Coffs around 7pm, and to our nice surprise we found that the hotel had upgraded us to one of their suites. It's a small hotel so it's not like it's a 'suite' suite, but it is a bigger bathroom and the bedroom has two massive windows that look out at the water. It's lovely.

We brought up some of our stuff, had dinner, put the child to sleep and then watched a few episodes of Smallville which Tony brought on the laptop and then managed some elaborate setup with the laptop, the iPad and some cables. I didn't get any of it, but was impressed nonetheless.

The sleep was comfy and I am now up and blogging, waiting for the man of the house to wake up so we can get going to the Gold Coast :-)

I will try and blog each day :-)

Mari

No comments: