Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Josie-isms

Vika & Becca brought Josie home from Baba's tonight, bursting with Josie-isms.

Becca was sitting in the car and telling Josie how Miriam has a boyfriend and that its so cute.

Josie: I also have a new boyfriend!
Becca: What about Beck? (old boyfriend from her old school)
Josie: Yeh Becks my boyfriend from my old school but I have a new boyfriend at my new school.
Becca: So whats his name?
Josie: His name is Harry.
Becca: So tell me about him.
Josie: Oh he's so annoying cause he keeps poking me with his pencil.. but I like it.
Becca: So whats gonna happen with Beck?
Josie: You know, he really doesn't like me hugging him, but I'm so in love with both of them!
Becca: Are you gonna tell Harry that you like him?
Josie: Oh god no, I'm just in love with him!

At Baba's Becca & Josie had a big discussion about who Josie loves and what level of love she reserves for Becca. Then in the car on the way home:
Becca: Tell Vika how much you love me.
Josie: I love you lots.
Vika: What about me?
Josie: Oh! I know the order of who I love now! Ok so first there's my parents, then my cousins (with Becca at the top), then there's the grandmas and the grandpas, then the uncles... and then the Vikas.
Vika: How many Vika's are there?
Josie: Just one!

And then..

Josie was really, really good on the way home with Becca and Becca told Vika that if she was good for Baba that she would get a black chip (reward system we use). Vika took Becca to Kumon, and Vika and Josie waited at Baba's while Vika kept an eye on Josie's behaviour.

Josie was watching one of her DVDs and was fully engrossed in the show, to the extent that she couldn't hear anything anyone said to her. Baba was trying to get her attention.

Baba: Josie.. Josie.. Josephine.. ? JOSIE!!! etc..

.. No reaction.

Vika: Josephine? Are you having hearing problems?
Josie: What?!!?
Vika: Baba is talking to you!

.. conversation with Baba ensues. 5 mins later, same scenario.

Then on the way home with Becca, Becca asked how she behaved and does she deserve a black chip.

Vika: Yeh, hmm I suppose..
Becca: Why? What happened? Josie, was there bad behaviour?
Josie: Well, you see, my ears.. they don't work properly.. and the Tv.. and it was just too loud.. and my ears just didnt work..
Becca: Josie! Seriously! Spit it out!
Josie: Ok. Well, you see, the problem is that my ears dont really work properly when the Tv is on because I cant really hear 2 things at once and the Tv is so loud and I cant hear and I have to tell Daddy about my ears.
Vika: Yeh its a big problem. You might have to go to the hospital and have an operation.
Josie (rolling her eyes): No.. dont be silly.. ill just turn it down!

Once they got here, we dumped Josie into the shower, when we heard: Daddy! Daddy!

Daddy sends Becca to go check.

Becca finds Josie sitting in the bath pointing to her ankle.
Josie: Look, I boompsed my foot bone!

And thats the end of the Josie-isms for today ;-)

3 comments:

Becksta said...

hehe...i just love talking to her at this age, you can have a full on proper conversation with her and its so interesting. Perfect age to start gossiping ;)

Mat said...

How come I come after the crazy lady in the love stakes??!

Hmph.

Wendy said...

Hey Mat, at least you feature. There's not mention of other Aunties in there muahahahha.