Search This Blog

Sunday, August 10, 2008

All I Want For Xmas....

... is my two front teeth!

My baby lost her first tooth today! It was her bottom left tooth and it had been wobbling really badly for a couple of weeks now.

Anyone who knows me will not be surprised that I have a little obsession with her not losing her baby teeth.


When I was a kid, my dad collected all my baby teeth, took an old jewelry box, filled the top and bottom with foam, and glued my baby teeth to it, to form a jaw. I still have it (and will update with a photo next week after I get it back from the GM of my department who insisted he had to take it home over the weekend to show his family because he had never seen anything like it.. long story).

And here is a photo of it:

Anyway, I want my dad to do the same thing with Josie's teeth. So its imperative that she not lose any.

So today Tony needed to buy some pants, so he took her to Bondi Westfield to do some shopping. I had to do grocery shopping so I didn't go.

Apparently he was standing at an ATM when Josie said "Uhh Daddy, my tooth is sideways!". Tony had a look and it was indeed sideways and hanging on by a thread, so he grabbed hold of it and yanked it out. Josie didn't scream, didn't cry, she was just SO incredibly excited and was just jumping up and down.

So we now have our first tooth safely in her tooth container, which is a little pewter dish with a lid that has a ballerina on it.

As Josie is sleeping at Baba's tonight, the Tooth Fairy is going to wait till tomorrow night to come visit, cause well, she doesn't know where Baba lives. Tonight however, the Tooth Fairy brought her a big black fish for her aquarium. She won't know till she gets home tomorrow.

We were talking to her in the car on the way to Baba's..

Becca: What do you think the Tooth Fairy is going to bring you for your tooth?
Josie: Money!
Becca: How much do you reckon you'll get?
Josie: 20 BUCKS!
Mummy: Thats a pretty expensive tooth... geez...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Josie!!! Oh wow.. once those adult teeth start comming through you'll be looking like a reallly big girl :) Congrats again and I want to see the pik of the jewellery box again too :) XOXO Luv Auntie Harri