Search This Blog

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Josie On Ice!

Ok since Mari is being lazy, I will tell of last weekend's exploits. At least those I was privy to. A couple weeks ago I suddenly was reminded that I hadn't been ice-skating in a while. No doubt a combination of seeing our cousin Jacqui (with whom I'd last gone ice-skating), and the current cold weather. And it also occurred to me that as far as I knew, Josie had never been.

So last Sunday we all went: Ant, Mari, Josie, Jacqui, Philip, Rebecca and Wendy and I. Being over five months pregnant, Wendy came to observe.

Now I expected that Jo would feel intimidated by the crowd of people. That she'd not like the cold of the ice rink. That she'd have the usual troubles first-timers have with ice-skating. That basically we'd be lucky if she gave it a go and then called it quits. Could ... not ... get ... her ... off ... the ... ice. She loved it!

She was nervous. Until the last half hour she wanted one of us on each side of her, holding both hands. But she was like the energiser bunny and Jacqui and Rebecca had to do a tag team thing as the second support person, while I was more or less in for the duration. In the last half hour Josie was feeling a little more confident and consented to skate around with just Rebecca or I holding one hand. She even went in a limbo competition - with her helpers in tow of course.

She'll need proper lessons before she'll master skating on her own but she looked like skating could be something she could really get into.

Mari, get into gear and post the photos.

(Ed: Yes dear.. ;-)

No comments: