Search This Blog

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Eurovision '08

Our annual Eurovision Night was a little different this year.

We went to Mat & Wendy's place for dinner, and to introduce them to the joys of Eurovision. They were Eurovision virgins prior to this night, so it was all that more special ;-)

I will let Mat describe the wonderment that was that night, but for us, once again Eurovision rocks!

I must say that the caliber of acts were not up to the previous couple of years, but it was still great ;-) The voting was nail biting, Greece being ahead for most of the time, and Russia only taking the lead at the end.

Politically motivated voting was rife, as always, and Terry Wogan was brilliant, also as always ;-)

Serbia put on a great show and I can't wait till next year in Moscow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray!!! Two more innocent souls were absorbed into the Eurovision whirlwind :) I so envy you all for being about to watch it on telly. I just don't get why BBC America doesn't televise it :( Anyhow, here's to Eurovision 2009 and better luck to me watching it in full :)

Mat said...

Er .. you realise I've watched Eurovision before right? At your flat. With you.

The music was, in general, so so. One country was pretty good but I forget which, and they didn't come anywhere anyway.

The eye candy was not plentiful but there were a few offerings that made the evening worthwhile.