Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Josie-isms Part The Whatever-We-Were-Up-To

On Saturday night, Ant, Mari, Jo, Mum and our cousin Martin and his daughter Maddison came over for dinner. Jo and Maddy had met once before and gotten on very well but hadn't seen each other since, and it'd been a year I guess. So there was some initial shyness but pretty soon there was giggling and tickling, playing of XBOX games and the usual carry on that you get with young children. And they got on like a house on fire.

I cooked leg of lamb for dinner, which Maddy ate and I'm hoping the concept of eating the same food the grown-ups eat will rub off on Jo before the sixth birthday deal. Maddy wasn't so sure about the sweet potato but then it took me some years to appreciate it too.

Later we were watching DVD's, Josie laying against me and Maddy laying against Josie. Maddy had the hiccups, and periodically would shudder a bit as a hiccup hit her. After a short while Josie whispered, "Mad ... Mad! .. I'm not a trampoline you know."

Such indignities are not to be borne after all. *grin*

A good night was to be had by all, finished off with a delicious dessert which Marty brought with him. I'm not sure what it was but it involved chocolate in copious amounts, and berries on top - which Josie proceeded to relieve everyone of.

No comments: