Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Long Weekend and a New Baby!

My best friend Harri gave birth to her first child yesterday. She and her husband Sven named her Ella. What a gorgeous name, and we are so so happy and excited for them.

Still waiting for photos and measurements though! Ahem! Its not like she's... busy.. or anything.. ;-)

Can't wait to see ;-)

This past weekend has been pretty full on.

Of course we had Dance class and swim class. Tony as usual took her to her classes and I went and did the grocery shopping.

But to pack even more in we went to Mamacinos with Roman, Helen and Stacey for brunch (it was great fun and the girls loved playing in the play area) and ontop of that off we went to a birthday party for some girls in Josie's class. That was good fun too as they had a big trampoline set up with the side nets so the kids had a ball in there.

To top it all off on Sunday night we went to Mat's for dinner with Wendy's family. Wendy's family is so lovely and we always have a great time with them. Josie had a great time, as always, at Uncle Mat's place.

During my weekly shopping I came across something that I had only seen once before at the school. Its called Floy and its like playdough but slightly different. Its little white balls in this gluey, slimy mixture, and you mold it like playdough, but when it dries, it feels like polystyrene. Its fabulous! I got a kit of 5 colours for Josie and we had a great time playing with it.

I had an appointment with the dentist today. I havent been since Xmas 2004 so I was long overdue and my teeth aren't the best anyway. It took him an hour to clean only the top left quadrant. I have to make some more appointments to finish off the whole mouth. My health insurance is not going to cover them all. I don't know how we are gonna pull this one off.

This week is fairly hectic at work. We are one down, actually we are two down with one coworker on paternity leave for two weeks (everyone is having babies!!).

Anyways, theres my update. Ive been kinda slack lately but Im hoping more interesting stuff will happen ;-)

1 comment:

Mat said...

It would seem that Floy becomes extremely sticky when left sitting, let us say, on somebody's bookshelf. Floy creatures now glare at us balefully from atop their perches.