Search This Blog

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Disaster Averted: iPod Nearly Lost At Sea!

So most of the time I walk around the house with my iPhone headphones snaking from the iPod in my back pocket up my back under my shirt, out the back of my collar and into one ear.

Well earlier today I went to the loo to perform some 'routine maintenance' and I walk in, turn around... do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight... sorry where was I? Oh right, so I turn around and drop trow and my spider-sense kicks in suddenly; something doesn't feel right. A horrifying thought occurs to me and I turn around very carefully and my worst fears (of the moment at least) are confirmed as I behold the dry-mouth inducing sight of my 'pod dangling precariously from it's earphone cable over the bowl!

As the opening scenes of Cliffhanger race through my mind, I VERY carefully reach forth, and with the concentration of a neurosurgeon, enclose it once more in the safety of it's masters hand.

After reeling it in I was so shaken I had to sit down for a moment, which I was going to do for longer in the first place so that part worked out well.

Be careful people. Do YOU know where your iPod is right now?

4 comments:

Mat said...

ROFLMAO!

It's a good thing you don't wear your iPhone similarly.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! You made my heart race with that story!! The way you describe things is so awesome because I can actualy visualise this whole scenario and the distress you instantly felt when you saw the ipod dangling over the bowl :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!! You made my heart race with that story!! The way you describe things is so awesome because I can actualy visualise this whole scenario and the distress you instantly felt when you saw the ipod dangling over the bowl :)

Tony said...

Mat: I do!!! There are some video podcasts that I only need to actually see the screen some of the time. So I walk around listening to them too and all video is now on the iphone!"

Spudette: Thanks mate! I've honestly felt the same "holy sh!t" aftermath moment only after narrowly avoiding being run over or having a car accident.